Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

The weekend after Thanksgiving, we began decorating for Christmas.  Charles pulled down all the boxes and had them waiting for when I was ready for them!  I began with the living room tree and mantle...
I love the way the tree looks all lit up with lots of solid and twinkling lights...
and I love this year's new addition to the tree from Mama - Christopher Radko's train - it just sparkles on the tree!  I like that our ornaments have special memories and stories that go with them...
I kept the mantle simple this year with just the addition of nutcrackers and Santas...

Our travel tree found the perfect spot in our breakfast area...
It is fun to look at the ornaments and remember our fun adventures!

It is hard to decide which tree I like the best, but it may just be our little Charlie Brown tree in the bedroom...
it is filled with our painted ornaments...

Once the trees were decorated, I moved to the entry way and was glad Charles helped hang the garland!

I decided to simplify this year, but I had to place our Nativity in the living room...

and place the bunny bell Daddy gave me so that I can see it all through Christmas...
I really like the speckled poinsettias too.  
I added just a couple of snowmen to the bookcase...

and kept the breakfast table simple this year too...

I had to add a little Etta B. pottery to the kitchen counter...
and to Ma's tea cart...

The ornaments we painted this year arrived...
and found a special spot on our painted ornament tree...

No comments: