Tuesday, October 30, 2007

'Tis Merry Halloween!

Charles and I decided to turn our pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns!

We gathered our pumpkins from the front entryway and took them to the patio were we could turn on the lights and carve them... We decided that Charles would carve the big pumpkin and I would carve the small one...

We cut off the tops and then came the best part -- scooping out the gooies inside...
It took a lot less time for me to scoop out my pumpkin, so I was finished carving my
jack-o-lantern before Charles even finished scooping out his pumpkin...


I decided to free hand my jack-o-lantern this year, but Charles drew out his design before carving...Such concentration!

I was quite impressed with his design!


The finished jack-o-lanterns!!

Unforntunately, the stem on my pumpkin popped off,

so my little jack-o-lantern is wearing a beret...


We then took the jack-o-lanterns back to the front entryway and lit them.


We decided mine looks like a little friendly ghost and Charles' looks like an owl!


Now we have the jack-o-lanterns ready and the Halloween candy bought and are just waiting to see some cute trick-or-treaters!!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your Jack O'Lanterns! The beret was too funny.