Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Getting Ready for Halloween...

This month I have been swamped with trials, mediations and appointments, and the weather has still felt like summer. The weather finally decided to turn fallish, and I took a little time out to prepare our house for Halloween.
When fall first creeps into the air, I change out the potpourri to Peppercorn, which always puts me in a fall mood...our house smells so warm, cozy and fallish now!
Since I waited so late this year, I definitely paired down the decorating...


The front door.
I can't wait to carve the pumpkins!
Hopefully the mums will be in full bloom for the trick-or-treaters.

I decided to fill my dough bowl with gourds and mini pumpkins this year.

Once it gets a little cooler, homemade soup will fill the pumpkin tureen, but for now, it's a great cookie jar for oatmeal cookies!

The table is really simple this year

Hope everyone is enjoying fall as much as we are!!

No comments: