Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th Fun, Food and Fireworks

Charles and I had a wonderful 4th of July!

We cooked a delicious dinner of Daddy's bar-b-que ribs, Ma's baked beans, a new warm ranch potato salad (which turned out really good) sweet tea, and biscuits and for dessert pound cake topped with strawberries...
It was all delicious!
Charles loves pound cake; his mom makes a really good one and usually has made one for him during visits. Well, I had the recipe for Ma's sour cream pound cake (of course, I knew that if it was Ma's recipe it would be delicious!!) in my recipe book and thought that I would surprise him with it for dessert. It turned out really good! I was really proud of myself - this was the first cake that I have ever made from scratch!
After dinner, Charles said he had a surprise for me...he brought out some fireworks be had bought, so we waited for it to get dark, then went outside and had fun shooting them...

Charles enjoyed his little smoke bombs and poppers, and he bought lots of sparklers for me...

Of course, I made him get in on the sparkler action too...

Although, I think that I had a little more fun with the sparklers than Charles did!

We also enjoyed some jumping jacks, roman candles and a grand finale firework which had several showering bursts, and we also enjoyed watching the few fireworks shot throughout the neighborhood. We came in and watched some more fireworks on tv, and although they were really spectacular, nothing compares to watching them live! We had lots of fun!!

No comments: