Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Girls' Weekend

This past weekend, Molly, Ava and I traveled to Birmingham to visit Kristi. We had a wonderful visit and such a fun weekend!

Ava was such a good traveler, but after a four hour drive, she needed some time to rest and stretch out!!
How cute is she!!???

We arrived Friday afternoon and enjoyed a delicious dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and stayed up late playing a fun game of spades followed by lots of fun girl talk!!

Saturday morning we had fun playing with Ava. I had her laughing, although I just couldn't seem to capture her cute smile with my camera...All that attention from her Aunt Ki Ki (Kristi) and Aunt Mae Mae (me), wore Ava out!
We headed out for a late lunch at Stix...
followed by some shopping at the Galleria...
My favorite stop was at Build a Bear! We had such a good time building Ava a little lamb, Bonnie...

The whole Build a Bear thing was new to me. After picking out Ava's friend, the builder helped fluff her up and then gave Molly the heart. After a sweet little routine (which almost had me in tears) the heart was placed in Bonnie...then Molly gave her a bath...and then Ava got to meet Bonnie...After a little more shopping we headed back to Kristi's where we relaxed and visited. We stayed in that night, and Kristi cooked the most delicious pizza for dinner!

Sunday morning we left early. Ava was sad to say goodbye to her Aunt Ki Ki. We all had such a good visit!!

We headed home through Batesville so that we could join Collins, Dan and his family and friends for Collins's first birthday party. After opening presents, Collins got to see his cake. He is such a neat little child, he just stuck one finger in the cake and that was it! No messes from him! Collins really liked the balloons and nearly walked to get one. We had a good time at the party and were so glad that we could share in Collins's first birthday.

I was so glad that Molly and I had our usual Tuesday night get together tonight because I got to hold sweet Ava all evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all of the pictures. Ava and I had such a good time, and I know she was glad to see you again last night.