Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me...

I have had a wonderful birthday weekend! It started Friday with a birthday breakfast of fruit and pastries at the office. Then, Friday evening, Mama and Jerry took Charles and me to Como Steakhouse for a delicious birthday dinner! Yesterday, Charles took me on part two of our staycation - Graceland and Sun Studios. We had a fabulous time, thank you very much!

This morning I awoke to Charles bringing me doughnuts topped with candles. After breakfast I went into the living room and found that in addition to my great day yesterday, I had presents to open...My roses are so pretty and smell so good! I just love the pottery piece Charles chose for me, the MSU travel mug, the cute bunny reusable tote that rolls up so that I can carry it in my purse and my sweet card from Charles and Toula!
I got to chose the rest of the day's activities, so Charles and I took advantage of the beautiful weather by playing tennis. I let Charles enjoy the Cubs game while I took a magazine outside this afternoon to relax - it was so nice!

I got so many good gifts this year (as always)! I was really excited that Mama chose to buy a sewing/embroidery machine for me! All those sewing lessons that Molly and I took are going to be put to the test! Mama surprised me at my birthday dinner by having a pretty present waiting in my seat for me. I just love my Vera Bradley flip-flops and garden bag which I intend to put to much better use by using it along with my picnic basket for fun picnics! I also really liked the surprise in the outside pouches!Mama and Jerry called me this morning and sung Happy Birthday to me! I really enjoyed the serenade!!
Miss Jennifer also called to wish me a Happy Birthday this morning. I really like the neat hand made bowl and cookbook she gave me for my birthday. I've already marked a few recipes I want to try out!Molly was so sweet. She gave me an early birthday present that I just love. I can't wait to have a Mississippi State party so that I can use this cute platter! I tried waiting until my birthday to use my favorite lotion, but I was unable to resist and have had nice rosewater and glycerin dreams for the last few nights!In addition to the wonderful presents and birthday calls, I received the sweetest birthday cards in the mail from my family and friends! I am so lucky and thankful that I have such a wonderful family and wonderful friends!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a great birthday weekend! Charles and your mama always do such a good job!