Sunday, September 30, 2007

I am so ready for sweater weather...

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. The days get a little cooler and there is a crispness in the air. As soon as that starts happening, I start asking the question, "Is it sweater weather today?" I love sweaters but, unfortunately, only have a limited amount of days each year that I can wear them here in Mississippi.
Well, Mama and I went shopping yesterday, and I am hoping for sweater weather even more than usual! Mama and I hadn't been shopping in forever, and we had the best time! My fall and winter wardrobe is now greatly improved with the addition of a couple of the cutest little three-quarter length sleeve swing sweaters, several shells, tops, jackets and pants for work and great new shoes! As all girls know, there is nothing better than a cute, new pair of shoes, and with Macy's sales and promotionals, I came home with three! The cutest black heels for work, brown causual flats with a rock-looking button and gray and black herringbone flats. And of course, everytime I go shopping with Mama, I come home with more than just my purchases...she bought me two great short jackets for work and the most fabulous pair of Coach heels! Thanks, Mama for always keeping me in style!!
Even after all the shopping and looking at clothes, shoes and purses, we found time for a stroll through Le Fleur's, one of our favorite shops in Memphis. Their flowers are always gorgeous and smell so good, but their seasonal merchandise is always fun to look at, and this time of the year, the store is filled with things for Halloween. Mama and I both love Halloween, so we had a wonderful time! I think it made us both ready to pull out our Halloween decorations!
When I arrived home, pumpkins were on our front entry, courtesy of Charles...I guess everyone in the Willoughby house is ready for fall!

2 comments:

Steve w. said...

Charles, Do you have kinfolks from Kentucky? Are you interested in family history?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am ready for Halloween too!