Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Happy Birthday!

So, Charles is another year older...
But even though he is even closer to being an old man, I think he had a good birthday.

Charles says that he thought that the certificate for catfish was his birthday present, and as you all know, he decided to enjoy that present prior to his birthday; however, I think he knew there was were more presents in store for him...
Tuesday morning after he woke up, I gave him a birthday card. Then he left for school for a short day with the students.
I had planned to prepare a nice birthday dinner of chicken croissants with corn on the cob and apple pie a la mode; however, that evening because it was his birthday and because I had had a long day in court, I treated him to delicious bacon wrapped shrimp appetizers and steak dinner at the Mesquite Chophouse.
Then after dinner, I brought out his presents...

A new pair of running shoes, t-shirts, a list of 32 reasons why I love him and a digital camera (although the digital camera is really just as much a gift for myself as is it for him).

Those of you who know us well know that we had refused to trade in our old school cameras which require film for a digital camera, and while I still like the anticipation and fun which comes from not really knowing what the shots will turn out like and then later seeing that the shots turned out great and reliving all of the memories as you look through the developed pictures for the first time, I realized that since we have joined the blogging revolution, we needed to upgrade the camera technology. Charles seemed to be pretty pleased with this line of thinking!!

Hope you will enjoy all the pictures we post using our new camera!
Charles and Megan

1 comment:

Matt said...

Good choice on the camera, I have one just like it.