Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Boot, Tornados, a Bug, and ...

hopefully, now back to normal...

Monday, I had Court in Sardis, and since it was my right ankle that I sprained, Mama offered to chauffeur me to Court. I took her up on her offer and after Court, she took me to the Batesville Clinic. After x-rays, which thankfully showed no fracture, Dr. Linder said I had a bad sprain with possible torn ligaments, so now I am in a beautiful black walking boot. After a delicious lunch of chicken salad at the Tea Room, Mama brought me back to work.

Tuesday, we had quite a scare...the meteorologists were predicting bad weather and near the end of the work day, the tornado sirens went off. Tornados and funnel clouds were spotted and touched down all around Hernando. Thankfully, they missed us, but the devastation to many towns and cities nearby was horrible.

Wednesday, I came down with a bug, and I felt like I was near death for two days. Charles was a good nurse, and I am now getting my strength and energy back.

I went back to work Friday and finally really ventured back out yesterday. My first meal that wasn't crackers, animal crackers, soup or a popcicle was, of course, Guadalajara's chicken fajitas. After lunch, Charles and I stopped by the grocery store. Charles said he felt bad that I would have to hobble around the store and asked for a list and said that he would go by himself, but as we had not been to the grocery store in some time, it was just easier for us both to go.

Today, Mama came to visit. She brought me some beautiful roses which we placed in the rose bowl she had given me for Christmas...

and some good magazines to read while my foot is propped up. Then we went to lunch and then stopped by Dillard's. We found a couple of cute Coach purses (but we were really good and neither of us bought one) and some really cute shoes...I think that when I am finally able to walk boot-free, I may have to go try on a couple of pairs and probably bring a pair or two home...

No comments: