Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, MSU!!

Happy 130th Birthday Mississippi State!











Charles and I have many fond memories of our years at State. On our last anniversary (June 1st), we decided to take a stroll down memory lane and traveled to Starkville.

We strolled around campus...




and stopped by Bowen Hall - where we first met...(we were both in Dr. Wall's Con Powers class although we didn't really talk much during the semester)


then we went by Mitchell Memorial Library...

this is where we studied for our Con Powers final...


our study group met in this study room...


after studying, Charles walked me to my car...


This is us back in "our" study room...


next we took a look at Allen Hall...


This is where we both had Dr. Swain's history class the semester after Con Powers. We sat near each other and became fast friends and then began dating during that semester...


I wanted to stop by the Post Office. During my freshman year, my roommate Molly and I made many trips to the post office. Thankfully, I got letters from friends, many letters from my parents and many, many letters from Ma. Back then getting mail just made our day!!


Then we walked by the stadium and reminisced about all the fun we had at football games...


and then on to The Hump for more reminiscing about basketball, Mississippi State Style!!


and of course, we had to stop by the Sanderson Center -- the site of many a racquetball game and the place where Charles stole my point -- something that I remind him of on a frequent basis, even to this day...


We were playing racquetball, and Charles hit the ball right into the back of my leg. It hit so hard that I dropped to the floor and stayed there for some time until Charles came over to help me up. When I got up, I had a big RED spot on my leg, and then Charles announced the score - he had given himself the point. I, of course, disputed it but to no avail. He won that game, but I still say he stole my point!!


Happy Birthday MSU!


Maroon!


White!


GO STATE!!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Where are the cow pastures?

Anonymous said...

I looooved getting mail back then. I still have a lot of it. We need to go together next time!