Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Today is our 6th year anniversary. Although it seems like Charles and I have always been together, it doesn't seem that we have been married for six years! We have enjoyed a nice and relaxing anniversary. Charles told me to pick where we went for lunch, but since it is Sunday, the places were somewhat more limited than they would be otherwise. I chose On the Border, and we had a very delicious lunch of queso and fajitas. We came home just in time to watch the Cubs game -- they won!! Then as we were deciding what to do for dinner, stormy weather headed our way. We decided to stay in tonight and go out tomorrow night, so we had a nice dinner of BBQ chicken, baked beans and squash casserole and for dessert, cut up fresh peaches from the farmer's market - delicious.
All day we have been reminiscing about our wedding. Weddings have been the talk at our office this summer -- one of our assistant's daughters is getting married, one of the partner's daughters is getting married and one of the girls working in our office is getting married. We have talked about the plans for and details of their weddings, we have talked about my wedding, I have answered a few questions and taken the pictures of our wedding to show - which everyone liked. I am so grateful that Mama was on board with all of my ideas and kept letting me order what I wanted and adding a few things here and there to make it the special and meaningful day that it should be. While I know that we are just a little biased, Charles and I were so happy with everything about our wedding. Of course, we have also been thinking about how six years ago tomorrow, we would be on a plane to Paris. How nice it would be to be returning tomorrow!

No comments: