Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Totes and Tennis

One of my Earth Day resolutions was to take a tote to the grocery store with me to reduce the amount of plastic bags we bring home. I have not been doing too well with this resolution. I always forget the tote until I am in the grocery store -- then I remember. Well, today I found these cute reusable bags at Kroger -- okay so the picture isn't uploading...once it gets back working properly, I'll insert it so that you can see the cute little totes. I was so excited to find them! I bought two and almost all of my groceries fit in them . I was pretty impressed by how much they held and even more impressed that I got home without any of my fruits, veggies and bread getting damaged or squashed! Only 3 plastic bags today - 1 for the milk and other cold things that would sweat by the time I got home, 1 for the meat (because it just needs to be in a plastic bag that you can throw away) and 1 for a couple of jars that I should have put in the bottom of the reusable bags but didn't -- I'll know next time how to load them better. Not only will these totes help me be more environmentally friendly, but also proceeds from the sale of the totes are going to breast cancer research -- even better!

After getting the groceries put away and a little rest, I gave Molly a call. She mentioned us playing tennis at Dan and Courtney's shower and called earlier today to see if I still wanted to play and told me to give her a call later this evening. We met at the park and had the best time "playing" tennis -- we really just vollied instead of playing actual matches, but that was much more fun! We both had a lot of fun. We decided that if we can walk in the morning, we'll play again one day this week!!

No comments: