Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Charles Willoughby...

Teacher of the Year!!

This afternoon the South Panola School District had a reception honoring the Teacher of the Year from each school, and Batesville Junior High's honoree was none other than Charles. The reception was very nice and had a good turn out. It was nice to see some of my old teachers and acquaintances, and everyone I saw (along with everyone at work) told me how proud there were of Charles and what a good teacher he is...something I already know...


The teachers of the year from each school...
Charles and Carla Rudd -- Teacher of the Year and Parent of the Year from BJH...
This shot of Charles holding his certificate and me is definitely one for the scrapbook...
Mama and Jerry came to the reception and the Dillons were there too...
Mama and Jerry offered to take us out to eat to celebrate, but we had dinner with Matt, MaryAnn and Nathan. Mama wasn't at the reception long before she was holding Nathan and with him being such a good and happy baby, she is saying even louder that she is ready for a grandchild...
I had to make a quick stop at Blossom's before the reception and when Wanda Carol found out why I was in town, she was so excited for him, she made me wait so that she could make a congratulations arrangement for Charles from her and Mary Nell...
Each of the teachers and parents of the year were given a fern...We're going to have to find a shady spot which may prove to be a little difficult!
Of course, I had to take a picture of Charles' certificate...

1 comment:

Matt said...

Congratulations Chuck! We're happy for you.