Sunday, May 11, 2008

Crawfish Boil

Yesterday, Charles and I had a crawfish boil at our house. Everything turned out great, and we had a great time catching up with our friends!!

We got the house ready by adding a few flowers in the kitchen... and in the guest bathroom...
Then we moved some things around outside to make room for the food under the patio...
and got the patio ready for the food and the guests...
Charles was in charge of icing down the drinks...
While I got the desserts ready on the kitchen island...
Once we were finished with the prepping, we set out the plates...Charles cooked some delicious sausage to add to the sausage tray...
And then we spread out the crawfish...
I cooked the potatoes and corn to go along with the delicious crawfish we bought.
For dessert, we had a fruit tray with fruit dip, Danish wedding cookies and congos...
Once everything was set up, Charles had to test the crawfish!!

We had lots of fun visiting with everyone!
Its always fun catching up with Dan and Courtney; they always have the funniest stories to share. Courtney is due in about two months and looks great!!Shane, Whit, Preston and Ainsley came. It has been so long since we have seen each other, but Whit was exactly right when she said yesterday that you can tell that we are all such good friends because even though we don't see each other as often as we would like, each time we get together it is like we saw each other yesterday! Here Ainsley is enjoying a little juice in her sippy cup...
Cliff, Robin, Katie and Will came too. It was so good to see them all; this was the first time I'd seen Robin since she is expecting again, and she looked so cute! And it's always good to see Cliff, who just makes every party!!

And all of their children are just so cute and so much fun!
Katie enjoyed the lawn chair! Isn't she just too cute!!
I saw her in the lawn chair and told her to say cheese so that I could take her picture. Will then climbed into the other lawn chair and said cheese too! Of course, I had to snap that cute picture! They all had a great time climbing in and out of the folding chairs -- too cute!!
I think Charles had just as much fun playing as the kids did. He played soccer with them and then blew bubbles for much of the afternoon!
After Charles blew a few bubbles, Preston blew a few and then turned around and around and around making lots of bubbles for everyone to pop!
Preston and Katie played so well together!
They found some rolly pollies which I think made their way home with them!!

1 comment:

LeAndMatt said...

Uncle Chuck and Aunt Mae Mae - Sorry mom and dad wouldn't bring me to the crawfish boil - i begged and begged, but no such luck. Apparently they had booked me solid for Saturday afternoon - told me I had to go to my bff's house for his birthday party. Wish I could have been there. Uncle Chuck you know that playing ball is my thing!

They have promised me a trip to see you this summer - something about a zoo and mom said Aunt Mae Mae mentioned something about a Pink Palace????

Anyways...love you both!

Oh and Uncle Charles - props on remembering Aunt Mae Mae on Mother's day!

love your bud - Patrick