Monday, May 5, 2008

Here Comes the Sun...

Friday, I was in Oxford for a Family Law CLE (continuing legal education). I left around 4:45 which was apparently right when the storms were headed that way. The rains started out pretty light, but by the time I was on Highway 6 right out of Oxford, the bottom dropped out of the sky. I turned into a gas station and sat under the gas pump awnings while I tried to find out what the weather was doing on my path home. Since the winds began to pick up and I got a little nervous about sitting next to a gas pump and Charles said that the radar was showing that I should be okay, I braved driving in the rains. Thankfully, that is all I had to drive through. I had the radio tuned to an Oxford station which alerted me to be on the lookout for tornadoes. When I got right outside to Batesville, I really thought that I might just encounter one. The sky was so dark and the air was just eerily hazy. The sky toward Hernando looked lighter, so I decided to drive to Hernando rather than stop at Mama's. After a little more rain, the skies cleared long enough for me to make it home, but as soon as I was in the house, the next round came through. Thankfully, the tornadoes missed us, but we were still up most of the night watching the weather reports.
After Friday though, the sun came out and the rest of the weekend was very nice.
Saturday evening, we went to Oxford to see Matt, MaryAnn and Nathan. He has grown so much. We also saw Mark and Katie and Grace who is just too cute (and had on the cutest little outfit with little daises on it) and a little older than Nathan! I had so much fun watching the two of them play together. Of course, we forgot to take the camera. I did manage a shot which my cell's camera, but as you can see that camera doesn't take the best pictures!! After dinner, during which both Grace and Nathan behaved really well, we went to Matt and MaryAnn's for a little more play time with Nathan. We had a great time!!

No comments: