Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

We hope everyone is having a good Memorial Day.
It has been a nice, relaxing day for us. Even though it is a little hot, the breeze has been blowing all day, so I was able to enjoy a little time reading in the sun today, and Charles was able to enjoy a Cubs win today.
This evening we enjoyed a delicious outdoor dinner of ribs (cooked using my Dad's recipe), Ma's baked beans and rolls. For dessert, we had individual strawberry trifles - I found the cutest dessert stemmed bowls which reminded me of Serendipity's frozzzen hot chocolate dishes, and they are perfect for the individual trifles.
I haven't decided yet on a place on the front of our house for a flag mount, so we were unable to fly an American flag today to celebrate Memorial Day and show our support and admiration for all those who have and are serving our country and making the United States a place where we are free to enjoy many nice, relaxing days.

No comments: