Friday, May 30, 2008

Early Anniversary Surprise...

Charles surprised me today with an early 6th anniversary present - these beautiful (6) roses... He slipped into my office just after I left for lunch; apparently he had staked it out and watched me leave before he continued driving around the Square to my office. When I called him as I was leaving the office to find out our lunch plans, we said that he was just finishing up getting his oil changed and would meet me at home -- how sneaky. He drove up just a few minutes after I arrived home, and we had a delicious Chinese buffet lunch. My fortune said: "Even a small gift could mean so much to someone today." After I read it, I started to leave it at the restaurant, but Charles told me to take it and put it on my desk. When I got back to work, I understood why. Of course, everyone at work thinks that Charles is just as wonderful as I do! Everyone agreed that the flowers are beautiful.
I absolutely love the roses - a cabbage leafed rose with pale pink petal tips and light chartreuse and ivory petal bases. I love the greenery and dusty miller in the arrangement too; it reminds me of the magazine picture I took to Wanda Carol to show her how I wanted my wedding bouquet to look. The arrangement and the colors - just everything about it - reminds me of our wedding -- such wonderful memories!
Here's a view looking down at the arrangement...

and one from the back...
and one more view...

No comments: